Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bush Man

I thought our tour of San Fran, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 was going to end without seeing the infamous "bush man". Fortunately, one block away from where we were parked we ran into a large crowd just standing around with cameras drawn. It was him!!

The concept is simple. A man sits on the street with two bushes and scares people as they walk by. He then stands up and asks for donations.

I did not count his collection, but based on the outpouring support of the people near us he makes more in a day than I do.

Enjoy the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the Bush Man, 'glad you were able to see him! Last year during my first visit to the Fisherman's Wharf area, my friend touring with me already knew about the Bush Man ... but I didn't. We were walking through the thick crowd, and he just casually fell back behind me with his camera. He was actually pointing at me from behind, hoping to draw the Bush Man's attention, and he succeeded. I'm proud to share my reaction with you in this 8-second video clip:
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/t/m/tmauldin123/t/BushMan.wmv
As I neared him, I wondered why everyone's camera seemed to be pointed directly at me, then he made the subtle growl that you hear. I'm just glad that I didn't run around like a 13-year-old girl, like some of the victims we saw later that day!

Here's another good series of scares from YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrMJGfPkTgQ&feature=related