Sunday, June 15, 2008

3.2 and counting.......

I have had a good number of firsts to happen here in California and had my first experience with an earthquake on Saturday night. It was a 3.2 and registered about 20-30 miles from where we are staying in a town called Aromas(I think).

I was standing up stairs trying to figure out a fax machine and a real quick rumble and sway occurred. My first reaction was "who slammed a door?" I was then told we just had an earthquake. The 3.2's are the best I imagine, a quick jolt with no damage. Now that I have felt one I am good for a lifetime.

Today started off with our last service at West Hills, the host Church in the Gilroy/Morgan Hill/San Martin area. We had the rest of the day off and my family and I ventured off to Monterey for the last time. We had fun spending some quality time together at the beach and then walking around Cannery Row.

Kirkland put together some documentaries for you, the video is below.

Well, this might be my last post for a few days, not sure. We fly out to Anchorage, Alaska tomorrow around 7 pm and not sure when I will have internet access again. Keep checking back soon.

This leg of the journey has been great. The weather has been incredible, the host families have made everything much easier for all of us and West Hills Community Church has been great in providing us with accommodations.

Our team has grown on the field and off. It has been rewarding watching these guys come together for discipleship. Their training over the last couple of weeks really paid off yesterday in the prison and the other times we have met with opposing teams after playing them. I am looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead.

Here is the link(click here for photos) once again to the photos I have uploaded. I wish I had some photos from Soledad prison, but for obvious reasons we were not allowed to take cameras in with us.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael, Tammy and gang,
I finally managed to get the web address correct and see your blog! What a wonderful time you seem to be having! I look forward to reading more about it. Take care and we're praying for you!

Ellen and Lowell

Unknown said...

gdcjKirkland,

Great job! Maybe one day you will be a reporter. Can't wait to see you all.

I love you,
Aunt Tonia