Monday, July 14, 2008

Two wins and a memory


Amazing.......we just picked up a win in one of the ugliest, twilight zoneish games I have been involved with. We were trailing 4-1 entering the bottom of the 7th and rattled off eight runs to take a 9-4 lead and eventual win.

We played really bad baseball for 6 1/2 innings and then out of nowhere took a commanding lead. I do have to say I was expecting a win. After all, we were 2-0 with commanding wins after sharing with the other teams in the league. We can now up our record to 3-0 after sharing and all three wins have been convincing. Odd how that works, huh. Here's the plan...........

Just after we take Batting Practice our guys go over to the other teams dugout and we have three guys share with both teams. One guy introduces who we are and what we are about. Another guy shares his testimony and a final guy goes over the AIA brochure in sharing the Gospel. I never get tired of hearing these college guys share with the other team. It is amazing to hear their testimony and how calm and collected they are.

The times we share with the other team is just one of many memories I will carry with away from this summer.

Well, our first trip to Fairbanks is nearing an end. We are all anxious to get on the trip to Kenai as we have been told by so many the scenery, stadium and fishing is great. We leave out Monday morning at 8 and arrive some time late evening. Yeah, it's a long trip. Will be interesting traveling with an expecting mother and two kids that long in a mini-van. Pray for our entire team as we travel.

Travis left yesterday(Saturday). I think he had a good time and hopefully Kirk and Kay did not drive him crazy. Hr made several tours and I have posted some of his photos on the flickr site. Click here to view updated photos.

I have been able to get to know a'lot of the players really well this summer. That is a difficult thing to do as the head coach. Often times the head coach is the guy you really don't get to know too well form obvious reasons. It's just the nature of athletics. It has been nice establishing relationships and I hope it will carry over for me into the 2009 season back home at SWU. I will be entering my 13th year at SWU. Never saw that one coming. I wanted to be there about 5-7 years and get the program up and running. Wow, a'lot of losses, some wins and many players later it has been 12 full years.

Big shout out to Kenneth and Sherri Wagner on their marriage this past Saturday. I know they had a great day and I hate I missed the wedding. Kenneth played four years for me at SWU and was a great team leader. He is a youth pastor in Delaware, great to see him going where God leads.

Not sure what type of internet access will have in Kenai, so might be a few days before next update. We are going to miss the MLB All-Star game and HR derby. Kirkland is bummed out about that. Expecting some text updates from Joe B. Tuesday night.

A big "hello" to everyone back home at Secona. We miss you all and thanks so much for the financial donations you provided for us on this trip. We were so blessed as to the outpouring support from a'lot of people.

Greetings to the cupsters......I hope Butch, Mook and Ice Man are doing well. We need to have a mini-tour when I get back. By the way, thanks for all the emails guys.......you are really burning up the cyber airwaves.


Until next time...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep getting those wins. I'll try to text you a few times on Tuesday night. Great post!